Is It In You?

The Gatorade commercials lately have a tag line, “Is it in you?” It goes with high profile athletes who have accomplished much in their sport shown in action in black in white. However, their sweat is the color of Gatorade — thus the tag line!

Recently, a friend shared the following video that builds off the Colossians 1:27, Christ in you, the hope of glory. I love it. You take a look and see what you think! (Links for download of the video at the bottom of this post!)

What’s so powerful to me is that I’m sure something like Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus” must be sung by Heaven’s angels when we come to Christ and are born into God’s family. So the real question for us today is pretty simple: if someone could really hear your spiritual heart, what would they be able to hear?

Is He in you?

Special thanks to Stephen Corbett who shot and produced this video and to Rob Marcelain who did the actiing!

Other videos from Corbett and Crew can be found on the church website.

Please Note:

Due to the crushing download volume of the video, we can’t offer the movie files for download, We are looking for a way to make this available in other ways. We apologize, but simply can’t afford the bandwidth increase for download. But the video will remain available on YouTube.

October 21st, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Posted in Colossians

Tagged with , ,

392 Responses to 'Is It In You?'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Is It In You?'.

1. Truth and hope as well as reality have never been better expressed! Thank you!!!!!!

Don

12 Jan 09 at 6:15 pm

2. truth,hope,happiness, and real love have never been better expressed!! thank you!!!!!

Don

12 Jan 09 at 6:16 pm

3. Clever!!!

Arizona

13 Jan 09 at 1:48 pm

4. Sucks, What a waste of time. Thank you for sending this message to me. bless all you simple minded people.

me

13 Jan 09 at 8:37 pm

5. I know the place, the date, even the time of day I was saved.(Jun 25,2000 @ 2:00am) When Jesus came into my life, there was no mistaken Him!No,I was’nt Drunk.He has change my life.I never knew God could Love me.How can you Love someone that you can’t see?Well,YOU have to take the first step.The door is open,Jesus is waiting with His arms open.What is the risk here?He will never lie to you,He wants only what is best for you,He will NEVER leave you or forsake you!Just take the step,you will praise Him the rest of your days,you will not be sorry.He has become my Heavenly Father-didnt know my real one.Jesus is the best Father you can have-no need to hide anything-He knows it all-and yet He Loves YOU like no other.If you are feeling like something in your life is missing(like I was)it’s Jesus knocking at the door.Let Him in.I was once lost, but now I’m found, was blind, but now I see…He is amazing and I grow to Love Him more each day.Come and taste that the Lord is GOOD!!!

Windy

14 Jan 09 at 11:14 pm

6. Good one. make you think.

Lindita

15 Jan 09 at 7:20 am

7. \"Weary heart, He hears your cry, and He\’s standing close by; every deed that you have done, He knows just now. Your every pain is His pain too, and He\’ll never fail you! Weary Heart, just know that He will see you through.\"

Just part of a song I know and love. As the tuner of the piano does his \"thing\", he uses a tuning fork to cause the string to vibrate when it is in tune. If the Holy Spirit resides within your heart, He will react in a fashion similar to the piano string, and you will know a kindred spirit!

If there is doubt about \"things\" in this life, we can quickly determine their real value. Consider what His Word has to say about it. Do it honestly without including any prejudice, and you have the answer.

unohoo

15 Jan 09 at 9:47 am

8. I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”luke19:20 or the dog or fire hydrant

kyle

15 Jan 09 at 5:05 pm

9. What a simple way to present the Truth.
    Those that know Christ is in their heart and have a relationship with him are no longer worried that the “Hallelujah Chorus” is in their heart’s “IPOD,” but rather if that is the tune that is most often played.

KrisJ

16 Jan 09 at 8:55 am

10. Loved it and intend to share: Thanks be to Jesus for the giving of life so that we might live.

Sandra Clark

17 Jan 09 at 11:45 am

11. One last response to Vicki:

I want to extend my apologies to you if I have upset you in any way, but I was simply trying to give advice that has worked for me in conversations based on religion. And no, it was not just one person, but dozens!! Honestly, I don’t know what you’re talking about with “beating around the bush.” I wasn’t saying I’m ashamed of my religion & subsequent beliefs, so I really don’t know what you are talking about…

All I’ve been trying to say is that it’s easier to talk to others about religion when one does not come off as abrasive & holier-than-thou (as mentioned by one of the “non-believers” previously)–I can tell you struggle with boldness as I do myself at times. In a way, you’re kind of proving my point. I never wanted anyone to think that I talk about denying or being ashamed of Christian beliefs, just that the peace & glory found should be shared; therefore, I believe (note how those two words do not convey denial or shame) the best way to communicate & bring in new believers to The Church is by kindness and patience–just simply saying “I believe” or “my beliefs are” in front of your convictions can make a world of difference. Good luck.

Jessica from Virginia

18 Jan 09 at 2:50 am

12. i think that this video would speak to many kids if they would just stop to listen!

yessedo

18 Jan 09 at 9:20 am

13. HAHA!!!
    Yep.
    But this video is funny.
    HAHA!!!
    It does show how you have christ in yourself but ya tht was funny.

Summer

19 Jan 09 at 12:38 pm

14. This is a good video. I like that it shows who lives in us if we have God in our life.

Lois

19 Jan 09 at 2:21 pm

15. What a great way to expose the TRUTH! If only everuone would see it…..

Barbara

19 Jan 09 at 3:50 pm

16. Thank God for HIs Son and Grace

Acts 13:38-39
    38. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

39. And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

It is for all, just believe

Charles

19 Jan 09 at 11:22 pm

17. You can upload the movie to http://www.RapidShare.com for free and post the link here. There is no limit to people accessing and downloading it from RapidShare.

Alexander Shomlo

19 Jan 09 at 11:48 pm

18. that was very funny and thanxz for recommending it

adam edwards

20 Jan 09 at 10:02 am

19. bet he was in millions of us as Obama took the oath. Iknow he was in mine.

Bob

20 Jan 09 at 5:37 pm

20. Wonderful! And if every humanbeing realized, that, that Devine spark was in every other humanbeing just immagin how much we could do toward transforming our world, and healing our earth!

terry

21 Jan 09 at 9:44 pm

21. That scope,—May be the latest in Gods Magic Jack.
    Put it to your hart,— The sound may be glorious.

Eddie Z

21 Jan 09 at 11:54 pm

22. lol
    kool

shy

22 Jan 09 at 4:33 pm

23. If we truly believe HE will take care of us.

Ed La Cour

23 Jan 09 at 9:03 am

24. jUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT HAPPENS IF JUST STOP AND LISTEN!

Rene'

23 Jan 09 at 5:44 pm

25. That is such an awesome concept!! I wish we could really hear what’s in other people’s hearts. If that were the case, maybe people would make better choices on what to fill their hearts up with.

Hillary

26 Jan 09 at 3:16 pm

26. that was awesome and my friends said it was cool to but i was thinnking there is no way.but then im looking at it and im like HOLY COW.but thanxz anyways and i hop u liked my request if not u r going down

joe shmo from cocomo

26 Jan 09 at 3:27 pm

27. that is a really good comspired movie/show i really like the music and the moral wich is really good to teach your kids

bob

26 Jan 09 at 3:28 pm

28. Powerful!!!

Charity

29 Jan 09 at 8:50 am

29. Ouch! I think my heart might be playing “I my me mine”. Even though good contemporary Christian music usually plays in my head, most of the time I think my heart is some place else. I don’t have a job. Please pray for me.nn1

Colin

29 Jan 09 at 5:14 pm

30. stupid

jeff

5 Feb 09 at 9:57 am

31. Absolutely touched my heart! Can’t wait to share it with others!

Marcia

5 Feb 09 at 8:57 pm

32. Great Job! Mt students would really be able to relate to tgis video.

Sharon Henriod

6 Feb 09 at 6:33 pm

33. If you are a follower of Christ, He is WAY much more than in You. He is literally, personally your very life!! Gal 2:20 says you’re dead (in some mysterious sense), and the life that is now happening in you is really not you, but Christ – just like he was in the man Jesus !!! If you think you’re a separate, independent person, Think Again !! You are One Spirit with Christ. Your body and soul are a vessel that He Manifests Himself through. You don’t have to do anything to make it happen; it already IS! Just recognize Him, and you enter into His Rest. Let your eye be single, to see ALL is HE, and you and I are lively, dynamic, but vessels, not independent selves. sonnybubbajoe@gmail.com

Bubba Joe

6 Feb 09 at 9:51 pm

34. +We are not those who shrink back…Hebrews10:39
    Awesome video ,If you hear His voice today,do not harden your heart!spoken 3x by God Hebrews NIV
    Good morning! from Grace Christian Fellowship Fergus Ontario Canada!
    + Wake up generation+ He-brews a joyful good cup,!… with the bible and an e-christian on-line
    +Strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.
    +Make level paths for your feet ,so that the lame may not be disabled, but healed.Hebrews12:12-13
    +Today if you hear His voice as none of you have an unbelieving heart ,that turns away from God,Hebrews12,encourage one another…
    +Today so that none of you may be hardend by sin\’s deceitfulness.Hebrews13
    +That is why he is angry with that generation.Their hearts are always going astray.Hebrews3:10
    +No longer will a man teach his neighbour brother…they will know me.
    +God is not unjust ,He wil not forget your work….the love ,/you, have shown Him/ to help His people,..and continue to help.
    +And with-out a doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater.Somewhere in John or James it says if we have something we can provide or give .It is almost a sin not to.
    +Praising God ,this is what we do, in one tenth of giving ourselves, to help, others.
    Sacrifice and offeringHe did not desire with burnt offerings and sin offerings.Hebrews10:5
    +He did not offer Himself again and again.Hebrews 9:25 Sacrifices repeadedly endlessly,year after year.
    +He throws off everything that hinders.and
    the sin that easily entangles Hebrews 12:1
    +Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings.Hebrews 13:9
    +See that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.Hebrews 12:15
    +You are cleansed once for all sins, by Christ.Hebrews10:18
    +Remember,…To not throw away your confidence :it wiil be richly rewarded,to persevere, doing the will of God,to receive what He has promised,in just a little while…Hebrews10:35……AGAPE

noah

20 Feb 09 at 2:40 pm

35. MYSOUND IS NOT WORKING,BUT I SURE WANT THIS VIDEO.HOW
    MUCH WOULD YOU CHARGE ME TO SEND ME ONE.I\’M 78 YEARS OLD AND LIVING(TRYING)OFF SOCIAL SECURITY OR I\’D REPLACE THE WHOLE THING.
    HOW ABOUT GEORGE WASHINGTON,NO ONE IS LIVING WHEN HE WAS LIVINGAND NEVER DID ANY THING THROUGH GRACE LIKE \"GOD DID\",THE BIBLE HAS PROBABLY SOLD AT LEAST 99% MORE THAN HISTORY BOOKS.GOD IS MORE THAN FAITH TO ME,ITS \"KNOWING\"HIM PERSONALLY.WHEN I AM SICK OR
    DEPRESSED I HAVE DOUBTS.WHEN I DO THAT\"HE STARTS
    RECITING ALL HE HAS DONE FOR ME.THATS WHEN I START
    CRYING AND ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS.
    I JUST FEEL SO SORRY FOR THESE NEGATIVE PEOPLE
    WHO DONT RECOGNISE ALL THE BLESSINGS HE HAS POURED OUT ON THEM,JUST TO SHOW HIS LOVE FOR US ALL.
    MY ADDRESS IS:BEATRICE ROACH
    357 MIDDLE RIVER RD.
    AMERICUS,GA.31709
    THANKS FOR THIS E-MAIL.

BEATRICE ROACH

21 Feb 09 at 3:57 pm

36. This file chaches (i.e. loads) into Firefox’s cache file in Documents and Settings (search for a LARGE file with a random lettered name then label it with the extension .flv). The free VLC (and others) will play the file from then on – no internet or further downloads needed! Ditto for Internet Explorer’s temporary internet files.

docbach

24 Feb 09 at 12:21 pm

37. this is so kwl i loved it! those of u who say it’s lame or dumb look at it differently, from our point of view this is very inspirational and i no youve heard the saying if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all just think b4 u speak or in this case type.

Christ Lover

8 Mar 09 at 2:24 pm

38. This is truely awesome! I would love to use it as an illustration. How can I get it? Are you going to post it on Rapid Share? Please contact me about how I can get a copy.

Richard

16 Mar 09 at 6:18 pm

39. How awesome is His message !! You open the file and watch the video. His MESSAGE unfolds and captures you in it !! Truly, Jesus is always in our lives and heart. May we \"walk-the-talk\"; and walk-across-the-room and share His Love !!
    Phil – California

HAMnut77

17 Mar 09 at 12:38 am

40. In Lk 6:26, the real Lord Jesus Christ said, “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! For in the same manner did their fathers to the false prophets!”

Test them and yourselves as we have all been commanded to do, 2Co 13:5; 1Jn 4:1-6. Here are four excellent questions you may use.

1) Jesus Christ commanded us all to seek first God’s Kingdom and God’s Righteousness, Mt 6:33a. First means first. His command is expounded in other Scriptures but probably best of all in Ro 1:16-25. In the Scriptures there is a Righteousness from God revealed that is by Faith, the “One Faith” as God defines Faith, and this is what we must believe in according to Scriptures such as Mk 1:14-15; Eph 4:4-7; etc. God’s One Faith is very specific and it is never to be redefined in any way. What, exactly, is it that we must find first, believe in and make more important than our own physical lives?

2) All true Christians have left the Law of Sin and Death to belong to the Law of the Spirit of Life, Ro 1-8. Under the Law of Sin and Death, the wages of sin still end in Death, not in eternal Life. How, exactly, do we leave the Law of Sin and Death to belong to the Law of the Spirit of Life? The answer to the first question is also part of the answer to this question. In Ro 1-8, Paul described in great detail how it is done but what he wrote can be correctly summarized in a short paragraph.

3) When Jesus Christ changed the water into wine, He revealed His heavenly Glory, including His spiritual New Covenant Baptism, Mt 3-7; Mk 10:35-45; Lk 11:1-13; Lk 12:1-50; Jn 2:1-11; 1Co 12:12-13; etc. In Jn 2:1-11, Jesus Christ also revealed how we must leave the Law of Sin and Death to belong to the Law of the Spirit of Life, Ro 1-8. What was the symbolism in Jn 2:1-11 that revealed Jesus Christ’s heavenly Glory, including His spiritual New Covenant Baptism?

4) In 2Th 2, Paul warned about a terrible lie that the man of sin, the lawless one who is the liar, uses to deceive and exalt himself as God. Also, see Jn 8; Ro 1; Rev 14. Some “scholars” falsely claim the liar is the lie but Paul revealed what the lie is in detail within 2Th 2. What is the lie?

Jesus Christ said: “If ye abide in my Word, then are ye truly my disciples and ye shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free.” His simple exact original Gospel Truth can easily be known and He said so.

True Christians will have the anointing from the Holy One of God that teaches us the basics of Salvation, Jn 6:45; 1Jn 2. True Christians receive our Power from God through His anointing that gives us Wisdom from God, Righteousness from God, Holiness from God and Redemption from God, 1Co 1. True Christians, through our anointing from God, will have “the Mind of Christ”, 1Co 2. True Christians will know the easy short correct answers but false Christians will not know them.

In His Love as God defines Love, anne robare

anne robare

18 Mar 09 at 1:35 pm

41. Awesome!

Kris

15 Jun 09 at 2:07 pm

42. What a great video….Yes…that is what you would hear if you could hear what is in my heart..He does live in me.

Sherry