Our Goal?

In my Heartlight.org article this week, I challenge us to read Colossians 1:27-29 and Matthew 28:18-20 and write out our own personal mission statement. I encourage you to read the article and these Scriptures.

I’d especially love for you to share your own life’s mission statement based on the Great Commission with the rest of us in the response section below!

October 19th, 2008 at 9:47 am

6 Responses to 'Our Goal?'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Our Goal?'.

1. Phil, I’ve been getting your devotionals for quite a few years now, and this is the first time I writing to express my appreciation for your encouragement.
    I belong to a praise and worship group called “Straight Path” — our main ministry is to bring the gospel to the less fortunate through music. We visit nursing homes, City Mission and sometimes churches ask us to play concerts for their functions. We are busy almost every weekend — 50 gigs for the year … so far. We always offer an invitation at every venue.

May God bless you and yours,
    Rick Tober,
    bassist for Straight Path Music Ministries

Rick

20 May 12 at 8:36 am

2. Thanks Rick! Great to hear from you and think your music ministry sounds fantastic and I am so gald you give people an opportunity to respond to the Lord’s call. Blessings to your ministry and your desire to share Jesus’ love with others!

Phil

Phil

20 May 12 at 10:44 am

3. Hi Phil, Thank you so much for your article – it speaks to me right now about where I am in my own life. I’m 71yrs old – lost my husband 19 months ago – have been involved in a ministry for 10years called `Battle for the Hearts’ which encourages Christians to reach out to M*slim folk. It has been a struggle in my own parish where I have worshiped for 53 years and I mostly have group of all different denominations to do the course. At present I’m also on Parish Council in the port-folio of Passionate Spirituality.

Last month I was invited to join a M*slim Mission Conference – consisting mainly of folk who reach out to M*slims. It was mind blowing and I came back praying about how I could let go of all that I’m involved in in my Parish and begin to focus mainly on reaching out – your article says it all about how we look at Christianity’s shrinking influence in our culture and the little difference in morality lived by those claiming to be Christians and those who are not, we have to admit the harsh reality. We have too frequently forgotten why we are on the journey.

So thank you and my mission statement is to be so filled with the love of Jesus that others may see Him and desire to know Him crucified – my running round days are numbered but my days to pray and just love others will continue till I go home to be with Him.

Blessings
    Bren

Brenda

21 May 12 at 12:37 am

4. Bren,

Thanks for the encouragement and also for your pursuit of God’s mission to all people! Keep sharing Jesus and finding ways to bridge across differences to reach others for Jesus!

Blessings,

Phil

Phil

21 May 12 at 7:27 am

5. Bro Phil,
    Re: Handwritten Message from Heaven: I AM
    What a poignant way to remind us of God’s plan to show us the way out when we Must be Rescued. My heart ached as I was reminded of James and his family and to dimension of the personal tragedy for his father and extended family. I can’t help but take it personally.
    Please continue to inspire us to tell the story of Jesus, the I AM who came to live among us to show us the way to the Father. I am amazed at being chosen to know this wonderful Lord. I am challenged daily to spread the love of Jesus and share his message of eternal life.

D Bernstein

5 Jun 12 at 7:10 am

6. Thanks for the Challenge to have a Goal for Ministry.
    Mine has been stated out loud – to go on commuter trains and buses at least once weekly to share Jesus’ love and compassion through encouragement, counseling and witnessing for Jesus to people who the Lord blesses me to talk with.
    Additionally, to come closer to home and speak with my neighbors the same way.
    Thirdly, the continue to share with some church friends other than my main church who are legalist and who must be continually challenged to see that Jesus has done the complete work for our salvation. Any work or works we do is for our good and to his glory (maybe) but it is not how we get the the Father’s House.

D Bernstein