Bzrp!

It sounded just like this: “Bzrp-cha-ta-bzrp. Zip-zip. Splzt. Bzrp-cha-ta.” While it happened quickly, that’s what it sounded like as my friend, Jim, worked over the reel-to-reel recorder and cut out my blunders, goobers, and mistakes in my audio recordings. Many times since those days long ago, I ‘ve wished that I could have him do the same for me in my life! (I talk about this in my heartlight.org article today.)

If you could edit some things out of your life, what you change? Come on now, at least be honest with yourself, what things would you just as soon be banished to the depths of the sea?

Better yet, what would you do to help foster a sense of love, forgiveness, and generosity in those around you?

I’d love to hear from you!

April 28th, 2008 at 6:01 am

8 Responses to 'Bzrp!'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Bzrp!'.

1. Many years ago, I heard or read this statement, “Those who are the most unloveable are those who need the most love.” Jesus loved those who were “unloveable” in the eyes of others around them. Loving the unloveable is not an easy task. Yet Jesus said, “He who is without sin should cast the first stone.” Remembering that Jesus loved me & gave His life for me, even with all my sin, motivates me to love the unloveable.

B J Terrell

28 Apr 08 at 9:27 am

2. I have fond that those who have hurt me the most are the ones that I have the hardest time forgiving. I know that forgivness is a choice that sometimes must be made sometimes several times a day. There are those from my past that I have had to forgive many times, even though I haven’t seen or heard from for a long time. When I feel that pain return, I must go to God in prayer and ask for help in releasing that person and strength to frogive again. I sometime I wish that my memory was as long a God’s!

Linda Warren

28 Apr 08 at 5:20 pm

3. Sometimes, some wrongs, I am able to forgive easily. Some wrongs are hard to forgive but when I look down at the footprints in the soil that I’m trying really hard to follow, forgiveness comes. There have been times though, when someone has hurt me deeply and at that moment and for sometime, I can’t find forgiveness in my heart. Then, for me, the only path to forgiveness is in prayer for strength, grace and humility from God’s Holy Spirit…

David

29 Apr 08 at 12:29 am

4. Oh yes, I often wish that I could go back and undo the wrongs I had done in my life. But… Yeshua/Jesus did erase all of it on Calvary’s Cross. I accept that forgiveness, but I there are times I have to look at what was reeped from what was sown. And put in all in the hands of my Heavenly Father to turn it all around, heal it.

Sometimes it is hard to forgive much of the hurt done to me. Then I look at how Yeshua/Jesus, who is all love, was mocked, rejected, laughed at, horibly hurt, (physically and mentally). Yet He still loves them. And died for them.
    I give thanks and praise to the Lord for His great love and forgivness.

Linda from Ohio

29 Apr 08 at 7:53 am

5. To foster a sense of love and generosity, I aim to live in love and express generosity in everyday practices. St Francis said when ask about his preaching of the Gospel, “I preach the gospel everyday and someitme I use words.” our life style will say more than our words can ever express. Now I want God’s will to be my will.

to anser the first question: I would cast out my ego so that i would have be opened to God’s will earlier in my life.

carlo

29 Apr 08 at 10:06 am

6. God is teaching me not to judge. Of course, he does it painfully by placing me in positions where I totally make a fool of myself.

A young Christian college student had a habit of “dropping in” at my busiest times. I always gave a little sigh but self-righteously gave him the time “he needed.” Last Friday was an especially busy day for me. I look up and there stands this young man in my doorway. He must have seen the look of frustration on my face because he said, “You look like you have something on your mind.”

Did I ever, but I self-righteously didn’t say it.

He then said, “Can I pray for you?”

As he took my hand and started praying, I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit come over me. My heart melted. This blessing had been in the works for some time… God had a plan. He KNEW when I would need it most.

And to think I came close to telling this young man to come back another time. I see him in a totally different light now. He is my angel. He will ALWAYS be welcome in my office from now on!!!

I learned a valuable lesson. I will try to treat everyone whom I encounter from this point on as a blessing in disguise.

Susan

29 Apr 08 at 11:51 am

7. I would Forget Credit Cards ever existed.
    I would forget that Video Games were created (it stole much of my youth, believe me)
    I would have married my wife much earlier in life!

Carl Holmes

30 Apr 08 at 3:25 pm

8. My worries. My anger. My disappointments. My trust.

I worried a lot. Well, much improvement as of now, as I do not worry so much as previous times. God had bring about incidents in life to show me He is in charge, and I do not have to worry about tomorrow, about my brothers, about my parents, about financial, about my future.

I tend to get disappointments fast and hence angry fast when I see things aren’t right and true. I somehow tend to “feel” or “sense” the level of hypocrisy or if it’s truthful in the people I communicate with…. to an extend that I can just get angry and became righteously saying that I can and I will not be like them.

I want to bring these to the depths of the sea and banish it right out of my life so I can use the gifts God had given me to serve Him and to focus on Him. And, to TRUST HE’ll provide.

Elizabeth Yong